4 feb 2011

Quality and warmth

by Paola Irastorza
Guía Hueney Editor-in-chief 
guiahueney@hotmail.com

During November and December I had the chance to attend superb encounters and build new relationships, which allowed me to show San Luis artists’ potential with the greatest joy. Introducing the Independent Art Walk (Paseo de Arte Independiente) to Cuba allowed me to bring new experiences and concerns in art, culture and tourism matters, which I will be sharing with you in this edition. You can see more of this event at Hueney web site. Also, we will soon have a meeting with the artists who participated in this event to bring you closer to it, and to the learning gained from such great artists.  We were pleasingly recognized as the only province in Argentina which showed its artists in an organized way. People were surprised by the quantity, quality and variety of art forms in San Luis. There was a special mention by the curator of the show, Yainet Rodríguez Rodríguez, and I was invited to deliver a speech. Though a little bit nervous, I could tell the audience with great joy about the efforts independent artists make to show their work.
Upon returning from this positive trip to Cuba, I participated as a guest in the Meeting of Writers "Tribute to Paulina Movsichoff", in Villa Mercedes, which was organized by the Arcadia Group. At this meeting, I was able to share and show the actions of this magazine, and give a gift catalog of the Independent Art Walk. In a reading round, I read one of my stories. I would like to emphasize the creativity of the mercedino writers and the pleasure one gets by listening to the poems by our author, Jerónimo Castillo. I would also like to thank all those people making the Arcadia Group, as well as the participants invited, and particularly, Dario Oliva, who carries these actions out with much effort and love.
I say goodbye to you all until the next issue, but before that, I am glad to inform you that Guía Hueney is now available in a new digital format (PDF), so that you can see the same print issue. Last, but not least, it is my pleasure to introduce Matilde Machiavello, linguist and professor of English at the University of Buenos Aires (UBA), who will be in charge of the translation of literary texts from Spanish into English.
It is always our commitment to offer quality and warmth in every issue of Guía Hueney, which is possible thanks to people of the best kind.
Guía Hueney with Cuban artist Leo D'Lázaro and Curator Yainet Rodríguez Rodríguez

We delivered over 150 gifts promoting Art, Culture and Tourism in San Luis.



Guía Hueney and Susan Kusa give the art sample to Professor Ana María Paredes, Director of the Centro Provincial de Casas de Cultura de Cuba (Provincial Center of Cuba Culture Department).